This sub-discipline Network Design (902) is concerned with the competencies required for network design in order to ensure that the business has a fit for purpose network infrastructure system. This includes overall network system design and the selection of hardware and software components that will meet the organisations requirements for the intended dimension of network traffic. A typical network will include any type of transmission medium and interface to a wide variety of wired and wireless devices which will support the delivery of products and services.
1. Understand the available information sources relating to existing networks
2. Understand how to prepare for network surveying
3. Understand hazards and environmental conditions related to surveying for networks
4. Produce planning documentation
5. Know the principles of network design, performance and management.
6. Know the principles of network security
7. Know how to perform network management functions
8. Know how to perform network security functions
For full transcript (including answers) download here: